Mandy's out of town at a blog conference for the rest of this week, so I ran up for a few minutes after work with the kids for a free meal and good company with Steve and Kim. Afterwards, the kids played in the dirt pile, rode the 4-wheeler and chased Bingo. Steve and I hooked up the broadcast spreader to the Mule and I put down 100lbs of lawn fertilizer on either side of the driveway. We're looking at rain over the next several days, so I wanted the rain to soak in the fertilizer with the seeds.
Here's a quick pic of the broadcast spreader:
The driveway has developed a few rough spots and bumps with the heavy trucks and settling, so I decided to try some light grading on it using the snowplow truck. It didn't work too well. The snowplow truck's hydraulics were acting up such that it was very difficult to raise the blade to the correct height. It did knock a few of the high spots down, but overall I did not have much luck in grading the drive. I think I need a tractor with a box blade and harrow. Or something like that.
This morning I met very briefly with the geothermal guys from ECS to identify the location of the horizontal loop. I also visited with the ground rough plumber about his strategy for installing the underslab plumbing.
Also, I've changed up the daily stats somewhat. As spreadsheets are typically the solution to most of the world's problems, I've started using a spreadsheet, which will allow me to track cumulative time.
|Daily Stats||Hours Worked|
Summary of 4/23/2014
|Work Done Today|
Spread lawn fertilizer near driveway, tried to grade driveway, met with geothermal.
|Materials Used Today|
|Who Helped Today|
|Contractors On Site|